- Reservations must be made for children utilizing childcare.
- Childcare is available for children age 8 weeks to 7 years of age.
- Childcare is available for children of members who hold an Individual, Member Plus One or Family membership.
- If a child is only utilizing childcare and no other facilities then the child does not have to be counted on a membership
- Only those children who parents have a membership may utilize the childcare facility with the exception of grandparents who may bring their grandchildren if their parents are not members. In these cases, a guest pass must be utilized and a signed statement from the parent indicating release of liability must be provided to our childcare staff to be kept on file. (See Policy in regards to grandchildren summer membership program).
- Parents must sign in their child and the same parent must sign out the child.
- Parents MUST remain in the building the entire time the child is in the nursery.
- The TIME LIMIT on a child’s stay in the nursery is 2 HOURS. This is for the benefit of the child and to assure that their stay is a pleasant one.
- Children with any visible signs of illness may not be brought to the nursery. The Lifetime Wellness Center reserves the right to deny the use of the nursery for any child who shows visible signs of illness.
- Childcare staff will not change diapers. If a child requires a diaper change then the childcare staff will page the parent to the childcare room.
- If a child is upset and cries for a long period of time, the parent will be paged to the childcare area.
Childcare Reservation Procedures
- Effective June 1, 2009, parents will be required to reserve a spot in childcare for their child(ren). The availability of childcare will be around the posted childcare hours.
- All reservations will be made through the front desk.
- Parents may place a reservation up to 48 hours before the needed reservation time.
- However, the cut-off time for reservations will be at 7:00 p.m. the night before for the next day reservation (Tuesday – Friday reservations). At 7:00 p.m. the night before, staff will be informed as to when they are needed for childcare within the framework of posted childcare hours. For Monday, reservations will be needed by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday (the center closes at 6:00 p.m.) Parents may call the day of needed reservation but are not guaranteed a spot. If there is a worker already scheduled because others had made reservations and there are slots vacant then an accommodation will be made. Anyone just showing up takes the risk of: 1) no childcare attendant or 2) all slots full. However, if a parent does show up without a reservation and there is an attendant and there is space then an accommodation will be made.
- Reservation Cancellation Policy: Parents need to contact the center if they are not going to utilize childcare for their reserved time or if they are going to be late. We will accommodate parents if we are alerted. We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise that may prevent a child from coming in or for being late. If 15 minutes passes from the beginning of the reserved time and the child does not show and no notification is given then the center reserves the right to give away the time slot to another child.
- Guest may utilize childcare for an additional fee of $5.00 per visit covering up to two children. For each additional child there is an extra $2.00 per child charge. All charges are to be paid at the front desk at the time the guest signs in.
- All reservation policies as outlined above apply to guests as well.